Buttered Buttermilk Soft Dinner Rolls
These soft dinner rolls can be prepared 3 different ways, perfect for those who want to try something new or change up their original recipe.
- 1 Tbsp + 1/4 Tsp. Active Dry Yeast (you'll need two packets)
- 3 Tbsp Warm Water (for activating yeast)
- 1 Cup Warm Buttermilk Full Fat
- 1/4 Cup + 2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter melted
- 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Utopihen Duck Egg
- 4 Cups Bread Flour
Butter Topping Ingredients:
Garlic Dill Butter:
- 1/4 Cup Butter melted
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Dill Sprigs
- 1 Tsp Minced Garlic
Everything Bagel Butter:
- 1/4 Cup Butter Melted
- 3 Tbsp Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Place water in small bowl and sprinkle the yeast granules on top. Let sit until activated and soft, about 5 minutes.
- In bowl of mixer fitted with whisk attachment, whisk the buttermilk, butter, sugar, and salt together.
- Whisk in the egg.
- Whisk in the yeast until just combined.
- Fold in the flour a 1/2 cup at a time. Dough will begin to form but will not be smooth yet.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and knead until dough is smooth. If dough is too sticky add extra flour 2 Tablespoons at a time.
- Place dough in an oiled bowl and turn to coat the entire dough ball.
- Cover bowl with oil plastic wrap. Set in warm area of the house until dough rises to double in size, about 1 hour.
- Oil your baking pan and divide your dough ball into 20 even portions. Roll each portion into a ball and place into pan. Cover with oil plastic wrap and let rolls rise until twice their size, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and bake 20 minutes or until the tops are medium golden brown.
- Serve as is with a pad of butter or butter and season as desired, further instructions below.
Flavored Butter Instructions:
Garlic Dill Butter:
- Stir garlic into melted butter. Brush butter on top of rolls. Place s sprig of dill on top.
- Brush butter on top of rolls. Sprinkle everything bagel seasoning on top of each roll.