While most coffee cakes offer a simple original flavor, we wanted to offer a non-traditional coffee cake that not only contained plenty of flavor, but is also all organic. Our Organic Pecan Crumble Coffee Cake with Dulce De Leche Drizzle has two layers of crumble and enough drizzle to satisfy a little sweet tooth.
Pecan Crumble Coffee Cake with Dulce De Leche Drizzle
Coffee Cake (divided in half)
- 5 Tbsp Organic Butter – room temperature
- 3/4 Cup Organic Whole Cane sugar
- 1 Large Organic Utopihen Farms Pasture-Raised Egg – room temperature
- 2 Cups Organic Cake Flour
- 3/4 Cup Organic Almond Milk
- 3 Tsp Organic Baking Powder
- 3 Tsp Organic Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Tsp Organic Sea Salt
- 1/2 Cup Organic Whole Cake Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Organic Whole Cake Sugar
- 6 Tbsp Organic Cake Flour
- 4 Tbsp Organic Butter – melted
- 3 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Organic Chopped Pecans (for second half of the crumble)
Dulce De Leche Drizzle
- 1 Can Organic Dulce De Leche, about 14 ounces
- 2 Tbsp Milk
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Line 8×8 pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- Cream the sugar and butter togther.
- Add egg and vanilla, mix until combined.
- In medium bowl add the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture and mix on low and alternate with almond milk. Mix just until combined.
- To make the crumble, combine all ingredients (except the pecans) in a small saucepan. Mix until mixture resembles very wet sand.
- Pour half the batter into the pan and spread evenly, then sprinkle half the crumble mixture over the batter. You can use a spoon or your fingers.
- Pour remaining batter on over top of crumble layer and spread evenly.
- Pour the pecans into the remaining crumble mixture and mix well. Sprinkle over the top of the batter.
- Bake for 25-30 mnutes, then let cool for 20 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, mix the Dulce de Leche and milk over low heat until your Dulce de Leche is pourable. Add more milk if needed, but only in small quantites until desired consistency is achieved.
- Drizzle over coffee cake and serve.