Gluten-Free Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
Soft, sweet, and melt-in-your mouth delicious, these Gluten-Free Chocolate Crinkle Cookies are easy to make and impossible to resist.
- 1 cup Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
- 4 Large Pastured Egg Whites
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/2 cups Powdered Sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 tsp Kosher or Fine Sea Salt
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave for about 45 seconds and stir until smooth and glossy. Let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Beat the egg whites with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Beat in the vanilla.
- In a mixing bowl, combine 2 cups powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and salt. Whisk well. With the mixer on low, gradually add the powdered sugar mixture to the egg whites. Beat until fully combined, scraping down thesides of the bowl as needed. Add the melted chocolate and beat until incorporated. You should have a sticky dough.
- Put the remaining powdered sugar in a plate or shallow bowl. Roll tablespoons of the dough into balls and roll well in the powdered sugar. Place on the prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Let cool completely on the pans before removing.