Quick Rise Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
Warm, sweet, and spiced! Quick yeast rolls make this recipe easy for breakfast or brunch.
- 5 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 Packages Instant Yeast
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter
- 2 Utopihen Farms Large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter (at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree (1/4 cup for dough, 1/4 for cream)
- 2 tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 3 tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice*
- 3/4 cup Brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Utopihen Farms Large Egg
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbsp Heavy Cream
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese (room temperature)
- In bowl of mixer, mix the flour, sugar, salt, and yeast together and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the water, milk, and butter together and heat on low until the butter is melted.
- With the mixer on low, stream the liquid into the dry ingredients. Add the egg, and continue mixing until the dough is no longer sticky.
- Form the dough into a ball and set into the bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºF. Line a 9×13 pan with parchment paper and set aside.
Filling and Assembly:
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice. Remove 1/4th cup for later.
- In a medium bowl, mix the butter, 1/4th cup pumpkin and flour together. It's okay if some of the butter clumps.
- Once the dough has rested, cut dough into two halves.
- Sprinkle clean surface lightly with flour and roll out the first half of dough until it measure around 15 x 9. Spread the softened butter mixture over the dough and dust evenly with half the cinnamon sugar mixture. Roll the dough up tightly and cut into 7 even rolls.
- Place the rolls into the prepared pan. Repeat with the second half of dough, but make sure to leave space in between the rolls. Once all the rolls are in the pan, cover with aluminum foil. Place in the heated oven, turn off heat and let them rise for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, make the cream mixture. In a small saucepan, add the heavy cream, 1/4th cup pumpkin puree, egg and remaining 1/4 cup pumpkin pie spice mixture from earlier. Whisk on low heat until completely combined and warm but not hot.
- Once rolls have rested, remove the foil and stream the heavy cream mixture over the top of the buns. Return the rolls to the oven and turn on the oven to 375ºF. No need to pre-heat the oven. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the top of the buns are golden brown.
- Place all ingredients in bowl of mixer and mix until icing forms. It will be thick, but not stiff.
- Once baked, allow the rolls to cool for 20 minutes, spread on icing, and serve warm!
*Find out how to make your own here!