The Irresistible Egg and Bacon Keto Pizza
Easy to make and loaded with the best flavors of delicious and healthy, keto-friendly foods, The Irresistible Egg and Bacon Keto Pizza will have everyone begging for another slice.Perfect for any meal of the day, eaten fresh of the oven or as leftovers for breakfast or a quick snack! Pizza never tasted so healthy – or tasty!
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 2/3 cup Almond Flour
- 1/3 plus 1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese, divided
- 5 Large Utopihen Farms Pasture Raised Eggs
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 4 slices slices nitrate-free thick sliced Bacon
- 1 small Onion
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 1/2 cups Marinara Sauce
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can Fire Roasted Tomatoes, drained
- Kosher or fine Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the mozzarella cheese, almond flour, 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, 1 egg plus the egg white, and the Italian seasoning. Mix very well. Pat the mixture into a circle, an oval or rectangle ¼ inch thick, roughly about 11 by 7 inches. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 400 degrees and let the crust cool for a few minutes.
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crispy, about 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Remove all but 1 tablespoon of the bacon drippings and add the onion and red bel pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another 30 seconds, stirring. Add the marinara sauce, fire roasted tomatoes, 1 teaspoon salt and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens, about 6 minutes.
- Spoon the sauce onto the crust and make 4 little indentations with the back of a spoon and crack an egg into each indentation. Sprinkle the eggs with a little salt and pepper and bake until the whites are set and the yolks are still runny, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with ¼ cup Parmesan cheese and serve.